What Role Do Training Institutions Play?
The CAJG is an employer-driven program that allows employers to take control over how training is integrated into the workplace. Training institutions play an important role working with employers to ensure a diversity of training options are available so that employees can receive skill training in areas relevant to their role in the workplace.
How Much Do Employers Have to Pay For Training?
The government will subsidize two-thirds of the cost to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee, which means employers are responsible for the remaining third of training costs. The exact amount an employer will pay depends on the price of the training program they choose. To keep the program as wide-spread and accessible as possible, individual employers are capped at $300,000 per year in grant funding.
How Do You Apply for CAJG Funding?
The CAJG funding application works in three stages:
- First, employers complete, sign and submit all sections of the Canada-Alberta Job Grant Application. Once the Application has been submitted, the employer may register and pay for training. If the Application is declined and training has been paid, the employer is responsible for any training costs incurred.
- Following the approval of the Application, and after training has been paid for, employers submit a Canada-Alberta Job Grant Reimbursement Form along with applicable receipts. Employers are then reimbursed for one-third of the training costs.
- Upon training completion, a Canada-Alberta Job Grant Completion Form will be submitted to the Government of Alberta and an additional one-third of training costs will be reimbursed. The remaining one-third of training costs is paid for by the employer.
How ACT One Can Help You with The Paperwork
At ACT One International, we are dedicated to helping you get the affordable workplace training you need as an employer. That’s why we offer a number of services to assist you with your CAJG application. Here are a few helpful resources if you need help or guidance preparing your Canada-Alberta Job Grant application form:
- Visit the CAJG website for addition information about the program.
- Read this application guide for tips and tricks about how to prepare your application.
To register for an ACT One International training program and to learn more about how we can help you to apply for the Canada-Alberta Job Grant, contact us today.